If doubling, use roasting pan at least 16in x 12in
- 7 cloves garlic, 1 minced and 6 halved
- 1/2tb lemon juice
- 4 5-7oz bone-in thighs, skin on bottom trimmed
- 12oz 2-3in yukon potatoes, halved
- 3/4tsp oregano
- 1/4tsp thyme
- 3/4 cup white wine
- 1tb parsley
- Immediately combine minced garlic with lemon juice and set aside.
- Sear thighs skin-side down in a 12in skillet for 2-3 minutes or until 2tb fat renders. Meanwhile, toss potatoes with oil; add cut-side down. Sprinkle 5-6 over skillet and cook undisturbed for 6-8 minutes.
- Flip, carefully add garlic and wine off-heat and transfer to the upper-middle of a 450 degree oven for 15-20 minutes.
- Set chicken and potatoes aside, bring skillet to a simmer and incorporate garlic. Take off-heat, add lemon mixture and parsley and serve.
Steaks can be replaced with pork
- 2 10-12oz strip steaks, 1in thick
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 4tb sweet paprika
- 1tb tomato paste
- 2 cloves garlic
- 4 cups beef broth
- 6oz egg noodles
- 2/3 cup creme fraiche
- Sear steaks for 5 minutes per side and set aside.
- Cook 2-3 for 5 minutes. Add 4-6 for 1 minute. Add 7-8 and bring to a simmer. Cover and cook, stirring occasionally, for 8 minutes.
- Meanwhile, halve steaks lengthwise and slice. Add to skillet along with creme fraiche and serve.