- 16tb butter
- 500g flour
- 1/2 cup sage, thyme and/or rosemary
- 2-1/4tsp salt
- 1/2tb baking powder
- 1tsp baking soda
- 4oz goat cheese
- 1-1/4 to 1-1/2 cups buttermilk
- Brown butter and cool to room temperature. Chill, stirring once halfway, for about 1 hour. Shape into a square, wrap and chill for 2 hours.
- Whisk 2-6. Add butter in 1/2in pieces and goat cheese and cut into mixture until crumbly. Add 1-1/4 cups buttermilk, adding extra 1/4 cup 1tb at a time if dough seems dry.
- Using hands, pat dough 1in thick and cut 3in rounds. Bake at 375 degrees for 2-23 minutes. Serve.