Omit bacon to make vegetarian
- 6 slices bacon
- 2/3 cup bread crumbs or 2 slices processed crustless sandwich bread
- 4 scallions
- 3-3/4 cups water
- 12oz can evaporated milk
- 12oz macaroni
- 1tsp cornstarch
- 12oz cheddar
- 8oz monterey jack
- Render and crisp bacon in a 12in skillet and set aside. Remove all but 1tb fat and toast bread crumbs for 5 minutes. Set aside.
- Bring water and all but 4tb evaporated milk to a simmer, add noodles and cook to 1 minute under al dente. Whisk in remaining evaporated milk and cornstarch and simmer for 1 minute.
- Take off-heat. Mix in and melt cheese. Mix in scallions and bacon. top with bread crumbs and serve.
Salami and/or cheese can be replaced by extra cheese/veggies to make vegetarian/vegan
- 1 small red onion, sliced
- 6tb vinegar
- 3tb water
- 1tb sugar
- 1tsp salt
- 1 can cannellini beans
- 6oz jar marinated artichokes, drained
- 6tb olive oil
- Zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 1tsp dijion
- 3tb dill
- 2 hearts of romaine
- 1 cup olives
- 1 cup pepperoncini
- 5 radishes, sliced
- 5oz salami, julienned
- 5oz provolone, julienned
- Microwave 1-5 for 2 minutes, stirring halfway. Mix in beans and set aside.
- Puree 7-11. Set aside.
- Toss 12-17. Drain onion-bean mixture and toss. Toss in dressing and serve.
Omit bacon and double cheddar and scallions to make vegtarian
- 3 slices bacon
- 354g flour
- 3/4 cup instant potato flakes (weight varies by brand; check package)
- 4tsp baking powder
- 1/2tsp baking soda
- 1tb sugar
- 1tsp salt
- 6tb cheddar
- 2 scallions
- 10tb butter, 8tb sliced 1/2in and chilled and 2tb melted
- 4tb shortening, sliced 1/2in and chilled
- 1-1/4 cups buttermilk, chilled
- Render and crisp bacon. Set aside and reserve fat for another use.
- Process bacon with 2-9 for 15 seconds. Add sliced band chilled butter and shortening and pulse 8 times. Mix in buttermilk by hand, knead briefly 8-10 times and roll out into a 9in circle about 3/4in thick.
- Flour a 2-1/2in cutter and cut out 8-9 rounds, without twisting, and transfer them to a baking sheet. Press scraps 3/4in thick and cut out remaining rounds.
- Bake in the middle of a 450 degree oven for 5 minutes, rotate, reduce temperature to 400 degrees and bake for 10-12 minutes. Brush with melted butter and serve.