- 16 medium tomatillos, about 1-1/2lb, quartered
- 2tsp salt
- 1tb sugar
- 1 ciabatta loaf, quartered and cut diagonally into 4in pieces
- 3tb olive oil, plus extra for drizzling
- 2 cloves garlic, grated
- Gently toss 1-3 until soft and juicy. Rest at room temperature, tossing occasionally, for 4-12 hours.
- Meanwhile, rub bread with olive oil and bake at 300 degrees for 60-75 minutes.
- Drain tomatillos, reserving juices, and transfer to a processor. Pulse until chopped, but not homogeneous. Toss with garlic and top bread, drizzling reserved juices, olive oil and salt. Serve.