- 1/4oz dried porcini mushrooms
- 10oz white mushrooms, 5oz processed and 5oz sliced
- 1 onion
- 4 cloves garlic
- 16 square saltines, processed to crumbs
- 1lb ground pork
- 2 eggs
- 4tsp worcestershire sauce
- 1lb 85% hamburger
- 3/4tsp fresh thyme
- 4tb flour
- 2-1/2 cups broth
- Microwave porcini in 1 cup water covered for 1 minute. Let rest for 5 minutes and mince mushrooms, reserving liquid. Set aside.
- Cook onion for 6-8 minutes. Add processed mushrooms for 5 minutes. Add garlic for 1 minute. Add to saltine crumbs and cool for 15 minutes. Clean skillet in the meantime.
- Add 6-7, 1tb worcestershire and 4tb porcini liquid to mixture. Add hamburger and shape into a 10in x 6in loaf in skillet. Bake at 375 degrees for 45-55 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 160 degrees. Remove meatloaf and tent with foil.
- Remove all but 2tb fat from skillet and add porcini and sliced white mushrooms for 6-8 minutes. Add thyme for 1 minute. Add flour for 2 minutes. Whisk in broth, 1/2 cup porcini liquid and remaining 1tsp worcestershire sauce and simmer for 10-15 minutes. Serve.