- 9-1/2in x 9in puff pastry, halved
- 2 eggs
- 12oz cherry tomatoes OR 9oz artichoke hearts
- 1 shallot, sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, sliced
- 2tsp balsamic vinegar
- 1/2tsp sugar
- 3tb olive oil
- 8oz goat cheese
- 4tb basil
- Brush pastry with 1 egg, poke several times with fork and bake on a parchment-lined baking sheet at 425 degrees for 10 minutes. Continue baking at 350 degrees for 10-15 minutes.
- Toss 3-7 and 1tb oil. If using tomatoes, roast at 425 degrees undisturbed for 30 minutes. If using artichokes, roast at 450 degrees, turning occasionally, for 25 minutes.
- Mix remaining oil with cheese. Cut 1/2 border around edge of pastry, push center down 1/4in and spread with cheese mixture. Top with roasted veggies. Tarts can be wrapped and refrigerated for up to a day at this point.
- Brush edges of pastry with remaining egg and bake at 425 degrees for 8-15 minutes. Cool for 5 minutes. Top with basil and cut into serving pieces.