- 2lb or 7 cups rhubarb, cut into 1/2in pieces
- 8-3/4oz + 3tb sugar
- 1lb or 3-4 cups strawberries, halved and/or quartered
- 3tb instant tapioca
- 2 9in pie crusts
- Microwave rhubarb and 8-3/4oz sugar for 90 seconds. Stir and microwave for 1 minute or until sugar mostly dissolves. Mix in 1 cup strawberries and set aside for 30 minutes, mixing briefly after 15 minutes.
- Drain rhubarb mixture, reserving juice. Add remaining strawberries to juice and cook on med-high heat until softened and reduced to 1-1/2cups, about 10-15 minutes. Mash (mixture does not have to be smooth) and add to rhubarb mixture along with tapioca.
- Add 1 crust to a 9in pie plate, add filling and top with remaining crust. Brush with water and sprinkle remaining 3tb sugar. Cut 8 2in slits in a circle in crust. Bake on a lined baking sheet at 425 degrees for 25 minutes or until crust is set and starts to brown. Rotate sheet, reduce oven to 375 degrees and bake for 30-40 minutes or until crust browns and filling bubbles. Cool on a rack for 2-3 hours. Serve.