- 1lb thick cut bacon, cooked and cut into 1/4in pieces
- 1 loaf brioche, crust discarded and sliced 1in thick
- 9 eggs
- 6tb sugar
- 1/2 cup creme fraiche
- 1tb vanilla extract
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup cream
- 1/4tsp salt
- 2/3 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 cup pecans, toasted and chopped
- Layer bacon and brioche in 6 alternating layers in a 9in x 5in loaf pan, beginning with bacon and ending with brioche. Whisk 3-9 with 7tb maple syrup and pour slowly into pan. Mixture may take a few additions with rests in between to fully soak into bread. Wrap and chill for 1 hour or overnight.
- Bake at 325 degrees for 70 minutes. Warm remaining maple syrup with pecans in a small saucepan, pour over pudding and serve.