- 5 eggs
- 7oz sugar
- 1 cup pumpkin
- 4oz cake flour
- 2tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2tsp baking soda
- 1/2tsp salt
- 8tb butter
- 8oz powdered sugar
- 8oz cream cheese, cut into 1tb pieces
- 1/2tb vanilla extract
- Beat 1-2 until pale and thickened, about 5-10 minutes. Beat in pumpkin. Sift 4-7 and fold in. Bake in a greased parchment-lined 18in x 13in baking sheet at 350 degrees for 15 minutes.
- Dust a piece of parchment with powdered sugar. Transfer cake to parchment, discarding old parchment. Roll tightly and cool for 1 hour.
- Meanwhile, beat 8-9 until fluffy, about 2-3 minutes. Beat in cream cheese 1 piece at a time. Beat in vanilla.
- Unroll cake and spread frosting, leaving a 1in border. Re-roll, discard parchment, wrap in plastic and chill for 1 hour, or up to 2 days. Dust with powdered sugar and serve.