- 9 cloves garlic
- 6tb butter
- 10oz flour
- 1/2tb instant yeast
- 1tsp salt
- 3/4 cup ice water
- Cook garlic, 1tb butter and 1tsp water in a 8in skillet on low heat for 8-10 minutes or until straw-colored. Take off-heat, add remaining butter and stir until melted and strain, reserving garlic.
- Pulse 3-5 in processor 4-5 times. With processor running, and ice water, 1tb butter and garlic. Continue processing until dough forms and becomes elastic, about 1 minute.
- Knead dough briefly. Rise 1-1.5 hours.
- Form dough into a 12in x 6in rectangle. Cut 12 6in x 1in strips and cover while forming knots. Roll strip out to 14in. Form into a U-shape. Tie into a overhand knot with a 1-1/2in loop. Wrap one end over the top of loop and one end under the bottom of the loop. Press one end in the center of the loop and pull the other end through the center. Rise 1-1.5 hours or refrigerate for up to 16 hours and rest at room temperature for 1 hour.
- Bake in the center of a 500 degree oven for 5 minutes. Brush with 2tb butter, rotate and continue baking for 5 minutes. Brush with remaining butter, sprinkle with salt and cool for 15 minutes. Serve.