Makes 2 dozen
- 113g or about 1 cup pecans, chopped
- 140g rye flour
- 12tb butter, cut into pieces and chilled
- 248g sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1tb molasses
- 1tb vanilla extract
- 124g flour
- 3/8tsp salt
- 1/2tsp baking soda
- 210g bittersweet chocolate
- Toast pecans at 350 degrees, stirring occasionally, until darkened and fragrant, about 10-15 minutes. Set aside and leave oven on.
- Toast rye flour in a 12in skillet on med-high heat until a couple shades darker, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat and mix in butter until melted. Set aside.
- When rye-butter mixture is cool, whisk 4-7. Slowly whisk in rye-butter mixture. Whisk in 8-10. Whisk in pecans and chocolate.
- Drop 2tb mounds 2in apart on 2 parchment-lined baking sheets and bake one sheet at a time for 8-12 minutes or until edges are set. Rest on sheet for 5 minutes and transfer to rack to finish cooling.