- 7oz bacon
- 1 onion, halved and sliced
- 1-1/2lb 85% ground chuck
- 4oz blue cheese
- 4 potato buns
- Process bacon to smooth paste. Cook in a 12in skillet on medium heat for about 5 minutes; bacon will be mostly pink and not crispy. Drain bacon, reserve 2tb fat and set bacon aside on a paper towel-lined plate until cool.
- Cook bacon fat and onion on medium heat for 20 minutes. Set aside.
- Mix bacon and beef and form four 1/2in thick patties. Cook on medium heat for 3 minutes. Flip, top with blue cheese, cover and continue cooking for 3 minutes.
- Meanwhile, toast buns. Top with burgers and onions and serve.