Makes 9in cheesecake
- 130g graham cracker crumbs
- 48g almond flour
- 250g + 36g sugar
- 5tb browned butter
- 2lb cream cheese, softened
- 1tb vanilla extract or seeds from 1 vanilla bean, pod reserved for other use
- 480g or 2 cups creme fraiche
- 4 eggs, room temperature
- 1tb lemon juice
- 1/2tsp salt
- Mix 1-2, 36g sugar and a pinch of salt. Mix in butter. Press into the bottom of a foil-wrapped 9in spring-form pan and bake at 325 degrees for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, beat cream cheese for 3-5 minutes. Beat in vanilla and remaining sugar. Beat in creme fraiche. Beat in eggs one at a time. Beat in 9-10. Pour into pan, tap on counter to release any air bubbles.
- Place roasting pan on bottom of oven and fill with hot water. Place spring-form pan on the rack above it and bake for 1 hour. Turn off oven, crack oven door and let cool for 4 hours.
- Run paring knife along edge of pan to release cake. Cover and chill for at least 4 hours or up to 2 days. Serve.