- 7lb chuck, cut into 1in pieces
- 1 cup red wine
- 4 onions
- 5 cloves garlic
- 2tb pureed chipotle in adobo sauce
- 1 cup flour
- 4 cups stock
- 2lb carrots, cut into 1in pieces
- 3 bay leaves
- 1/2tb dried thyme
- 3lb red potatoes, cut into 1in pieces
- 1 cup peas
- 1/2 cup parsley
- Brown chuck in a 16in x 12in roasting pan over two burners. Deglaze pan with wine and set aside.
- Cook onions for 10-15 minutes. Add 2-3 for 1 minute. Add flour for 1 minute. Whisk in stock. Add back chuck, wine and 8-10, bring to a simmer, cover pan with foil and transfer to a 325 degree oven for 1-1/2 hours.
- Add potatoes and continue to roast for 2-2.5 hours.
- Take pan out of oven, add peas and let rest for 5 minutes. Add parsley and serve.