- 1lb flank steak
- 4tb soy sauce
- 7tsp sugar
- 2tsp cornstarch
- 8oz shiitake mushrooms
- 12oz broccoli, stems and florets seperated
- 4tb water
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1tb ginger
- 3 scallions, whites chopped and greens cut into 1-1/2in pieces
- 1tb mirin
- 1/4tsp red pepper flakes
- Mix flank steak with 2tb soy sauce, 1tsp sugar and 1tsp cornstarch. Rest for 10 minutes.
- Brown steak without stirring for 2 minutes per side in a 12in skillet in 2 batches. Set aside.
- Cook mushrooms for 3-4 minutes. Add broccoli stems for 1-2 minutes. Add florets and water, cover and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Add 8-9 and scallion whites and cook for 1 minute. Add scallion greens, steak, and remaining 2-4 mixed with 11-12 for 1-2 minutes. Serve.