- 3-1/2lb russet potatoes, peeled and cut into 3/4in pieces
- 1/2tsp baking soda
- 3tb butter, cut into 12 pieces
- 1/2tsp pepper
- 1/4tsp cayenne
- 2sp salt
- 3tb oil
- 2 onions, cut into 1/2in pieces
- 3tb fresh herbs
- Boil 10 cups water, add 1-2, bring back to boil and cook for 1 minute. Drain and dry potatoes in cooking pot for 2 minutes. Take off-heat and toss with 3-5 and 1/2tb salt for 30 seconds.
- Drizzle oil on a baking sheet preheated in a 500 degree oven, add potatoes and roast for 15 minutes.
- Flip potatoes, clear center and add onions toss with remaining oil and salt. Roast for 15 minutes.
- Flip potatoes, mix with onions and roast for 5-10 minutes. Add herbs and serve.