- 4 tomatoes or about 20oz
- 8oz or about 1/2 cup pureed chipotles in adobo sauce
- 3/4tsp salt
- 1-1/2lb large shrimp
- 4tb lime juice
- 1 onion
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1/2tsp oregano
- 4tb white wine
- 1 small bunch cilantro
- Process 1-3 until mostly smooth and set aside.
- In 2 batches, cook shrimp on one side in a 12in skillet for 45 seconds and set aside with 2tb lime juice.
- Cook onion for 3 minutes. Add 7-8 for 1 minute. Add wine and juices from shrimp and cook until evaporated. Add tomato-chipotle mixture for 12 minutes.
- Take skillet off-heat. Toss in shrimp and rest covered for 2-4 minutes. Add cilantro and remaining lime juice and serve.