- 4 to 5lb bone-in pork butt, fat cap trimmed 1/4in thick
- 1-1/2tb salt
- 1tb paprika
- 1tsp orange zest + 2/3 cup juice, about 2-3 oranges
- 1tsp lime zest + 1/3 cup juice + 2 limes cut into wedges, about 4-5 limes
- 1/3 cup fresh oregano
- 8 cloves garlic, smashed
- 2tb oil
- 1tb cumin
- 1tsp pepper
- 1/2 cup cilantro
- Tortillas or rice
- Make a dozen 1in cuts all over pork. Rub with 2-3, cover with plastic and chill for 8-24 hours.
- Combine fruit juices and set aside. Process zest with 6-10. Add 4tb juice and process. Rub all over pork.
- Make 2 slings, one horizontal and one vertical, out of foil and place in roasting pan. Repeat with parchment paper. Place pork fat-side up and pour 4tb juice in bottom of pan. Loosely drape parchment over pork and crimp foil closed. Roast at 400 degrees for 3-1/2 hours, or until internal temperature reaches 190 degrees.
- Transfer pork to cutting board and rest for 30 minutes. Combine es with remaining citrus juice, heat through and add cilantro. Shred meat into chunks and toss with 1/2 cup sauce. Serve with remaining sauce, lime wedges and rice.