Makes 1 dozen
- 3/4 cup butter, 4tb melted and cooled and 8tb softened
- 37g sugar
- 1 egg
- 4tsp maple syrup
- 1/4tsp cinnamon
- 2tsp vanilla extract
- 48g flour
- 1/4tsp baking powder
- 1/16tsp salt
- 4oz cream cheese, cut into 4 pieces and left at room temperature
- 227g powdered sugar
- 2 strips thick-sliced bacon, cooked and minced
- Beat melted butter with sugar. Beat in 3-5 and 1/2tsp vanilla. On low speed, beat in 7-9. Bake at 350 degrees for 8-10 minutes. Let cool completely.
- Meanwhile, cream butter. Add cream cheese one piece at a time. Add remaining vanilla. On low speed, add powdered sugar. On high speed, add bacon for about 30 seconds. Divide over cakes and serve.