- 3oz bacon
- 4 leeks, sliced 1/2in thick
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1-1/2lb fingerling potatoes, thinly sliced
- 1-1/2 cup broth
- 2 sprigs thyme, rosemary or tarragon
- 1 bay leaf
- A few strips of lemon zest
- 4lb chicken, spatchcocked
- Render and crisp bacon in a 12in skillet and set aside. Set aside all but 1tb bacon fat.
- Cook leeks for 5 minutes. Add garlic for 1 minute. Set aside with bacon.
- Layer half of potato slices in pan, add bacon/leek mixture and top with remaining potatoes. Add 5-8. Rub skin of chicken with remaining bacon fat and place in skillet. Roast at 450 degrees for 45-50 minutes.