- 18oz frozen artichoke hearts, thawed and dried
- 12oz white mushrooms, sliced
- 1 leek, halved and sliced 1/4in thick
- 2tb butter
- 4 cloves garlic
- 2 anchovy filets
- 1tsp fresh thyme
- 3tb flour
- 4tb white wine
- 6 cups broth
- 2 parsnips, cut into 1/2in pieces
- 2 bay leaves
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
- 2tb basil
- Brown artichokes for 10 minutes. Set aside.
- Add mushrooms, cover and cook for 5 minutes. Uncover and continue cooking for 5 minutes. Add 3-4 and cook for 10 minutes. Add 5-7 for 1 minute. Add flour for 1 minute. Add wine for 1 minute. Add 10-12 and half of artichokes and simmer covered for 30-45 minutes.
- Take off heat, add 13-14 and remaining artichokes and rest for 5 minutes. Serve.