- 2tsp fennel seeds
- 1tsp red pepper flakes
- 1/2tb salt
- 1/2tsp pepper
- 1 small bunch marjoram
- 1 small bunch thyme
- 1 lemon, zested and quartered
- 1 head garlic, 4 cloves minced and remaining smashed
- 6tb olive oil
- 3.5-4lb chicken
- 2lb yukon potatoes, halved or quartered
- Crush 1-2 and mix with 3-4, 2tb marjoram, 2tb thyme, lemon zest, minced garlic and 3tb olive oil. Rub over and under chicken skin, stuff cavity with all but 2tb each marjoram and thyme, quartered lemon and crushed garlic and tie legs.
- Toss potatoes with remaining herbs and oil. Roast chicken and potatoes at 300 degrees for 3 hours, turning potatoes every hour.