- 1-1/2lb apple sausage
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 head red cabbage, about 2lb, shredded
- 1-1/2 cup cider
- 1 Granny Smith apple, peeled and grated
- 2 bay leaves
- 1/2tb fresh thyme
- 2tb cider vinegar
- 1-1/2lb red potatoes, halved
- 2tb chives.
- Brown sausage in a 12in skillet and set aside. Cook onion for 5 minutes. Add 3-7 and simmer covered for 15 minutes.
- Add sausage and simmer covered for 10 minutes. Uncover and simmer until liquid is gone, about 3 minutes. Set aside and stir cider vinegar into cabbage.
- Meanwhile, microwave potatoes in a covered bowl for 5 minutes. Drain and brown cut-side down for 5 minutes. Set aside. Top with chives and serve.