- 6 graham crackers
- 2-1/3oz brown sugar
- 2-1/2oz flour
- 7tb butter, melted and cooled
- 3/8tsp salt
- 2-1/2lb cream cheese
- 10-1/2oz sugar
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 2tsp lemon juice
- 2tsp vanilla extract
- 6 eggs + 2 yolks
- Process crackers and sugar. Pulse in flour. Pulse in 6tb butter and 1/4tsp salt. Brush bottom of a 9in springform pan with 1/2tb butter and press down crumbs evenly. Bake in lower-middle of a 325 degree oven for 13 minutes and set aside to cool.
- Beat cream cheese and half of sugar together for 1 minute. Beat in remaining sugar and salt. Beat in 8-9 for 1 minute. Beat in eggs and yolks 2 at a time for 1 minute.
- Brush pan with remaining butter, pour in filling and rest for 10 minutes. Scrape fork across surface to pop any air bubbles. Bake at 200 degrees for 3-3.5 hours or until internal temperature is 165 degrees.
- Remove pan from oven, adjust rack to upper-middle and heat to 500 degrees. Bake cheesecake for 5-10 minutes or until top is browned. Cool for 5 minutes, run a paring knife between cake and pan and cool at room temperature for 2.5-3 hours.
- Wrap cake with plastic and chill for at least 6 hours and up to 4 days. Run a knife between cake and pan, remove sides of pan, transfer to a serving plate and rest at room temperature for 30 minutes.Cut with a knife held under running hot water and dried.