- 2 12in bone-in chicken breasts, skin removed and reserved
- 1lb leeks, halved and sliced 1/4in thick
- 2tb butter
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/3 cup sherry
- 2 quarts stock
- 12oz yukon potatoes, cut into 3/4in pieces
- 3 carrots, cut into 1/2in pieces
- 3 sprigs thyme
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/2 cup cream
- 3tb chives
- Place chicken skin in pot with 1tb water and cook on medium low heat partially-covered for 7 minutes. Uncover, raise heat to medium and cook for 3 minutes, flipping halfway.
- Add 2-3 and cook for 3 minutes. Add flour and cook for 1 minute. Add sherry and cook for 1 minute. Whisk in broth, add 7-10 and chicken breasts and simmer covered for 20-25 minutes.
- Set chicken aside and simmer covered for 20 minutes. Discard skin, thyme and bay leaf. Shred chicken and add to pot along with cream and chives and serve.