- 5 poblanos, 1 quartered and 4 slitted and deseeded
- 4 roma tomatoes, halved
- 1 jalepeno, halved
- Half an onion
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1tb salt
- 1 cup cheese or cooked meat
- 2 cups flour
- 6 egg whites
- 4tb canola oil
- Sour cream
- 2 limes, cut into wedges
- Char quartered poblano and 2-5 for 4 minutes. Flip and continue charring for 2 minutes. Transfer to a small saucepan, add just enough water to cover and simmer for 45-60 minutes. Puree and add 1tsp salt. Set aside.
- Broil poblanos until blackened. Set aside in a covered bowl for 15 minutes.
- Combine flour and remaining salt. Beat egg whites to stiff peaks and fold in 1tsp flour mixture.
- Carefully remove skins from poblanos. Heat oil on medium. Stuff poblanos with filling and overlap edges of slit. One at a time, dredge in flour and egg whites then fry on all sides for 4 minutes, about 12 minutes total. Transfer to a rack set on a baking sheet.
- Place baking sheet in a 375 degree oven for 12-15 minutes. Serve with salsa and 11-12.