- 2 cups basmati rice
- 3tb + 1/4tsp salt
- 5tb olive oil
- 4tb Greek yogurt
- 1/2tb cumin seeds
- 2tb butter, cut into 8 pieces
- 4tb parsley
- Rinse rice. Soak in 1 quart hot water with 1tb salt for 15 minutes and drain.
- Bring 2 quarts water to a boil. Add rice and remaining salt and boil, stirring frequently, until rice starts floating, about 3-5 minutes. Drain and rinse.
- Rinse and dry pot and brush bottom and 1in up side with 1tb oil. Pack down 2 cups rice mixed with remaining oil and salt, yogurt and 1tsp cumin seeds. Mix remaining rice and cumin seeds and add to pot. Push butter evenly into rice and sprinkle top with 1/3 cup water.
- Wrap pot lid with towel, cover and cook on med-high heat for 10 minutes, rotating pot halfway. Reduce heat to med-low and continue cooking for 30-35 minutes. Place pot on a damp towel and rest 5 minutes.
- Release crust. break into pieces and mix into rice with parsley. Serve.