Makes 12, serves 4-6
- 6 eggs, 3 whole and 3 separated
- 300g sugar
- Zest and juice of 3 lemons
- 1/4tsp salt
- 8tb butter, cut into 16 pieces
- 1tsp poppy seeds
- In a double-boiler, whisk eggs, yolks, 200g sugar and 3-4 over med-low heat for 10-12 minutes. Let cool for 5 minutes and whisk in butter one piece at a time. Cover and chill overnight.
- Meanwhile, beat egg whites on low speed until foamy. Increase speed to high, gradually stream in sugar and beat to stiff peaks. Pour 12 3in circles on a baking sheet, gently form indentations in the middles, place in the bottom of a 325 degree oven and immediately turn off heat. Leave in oven overnight.
- Divide lemon curd into pavlovas and sprinkle with poppy seeds.