- 1lb 21-25 count shrimp
- 6 garlic cloves, 1 minced and 5 sliced
- 1lb eggplant, peeled and cut into 3/4in pieces
- 6 scallions, whites sliced and greens in 1in pieces
- 2tb soy sauce
- 2tb oyster sauce
- 2tb sherry
- 2tb sugar
- 1tb sesame oil
- 1tb distilled white vinegar
- 2tsp cornstarch
- 1/8tsp red pepper flakes
- Mix shrimp with minced garlic, 1tb oil and 1/2tsp salt and rest for 30 minutes. Meanwhile, salt eggplant and drain for 20 minutes.
- Cook eggplant for 5 minutes. Add scallion greens for 1-2 minutes. Set aside.
- Cook shrimp undisturbed for 1 minute. Flip and cook for 1 minute. Add scallion whites and remaining garlic and cook for 30 seconds. Add 5-12 and cook for 1-2 minutes. Add back vegetables and serve.