- 1lb daikon, halved and cut into 1/2in pieces
- 8oz napa cabbage
- 2 scallions, cut into 1in pieces
- 8oz firm tofu, cut into 8 slices
- 4oz shiitake mushrooms, stemmed and halved
- 2 cups dashi
- 2 cups water
- 2/3 cup mirin
- 2/3 cup soy sauce
- 1lb yellow tail, cut into 1in slices
- 2 cups spinach
- Udon noodles
- Cover daikon with cold water, bring to a boil and simmer for 15 minutes. Drain.
- Layer daikon and 2-5 and add 6-9. Bring to a boil, add yellowtail and simmer partially covered for 15 minutes.
- Add spinach for 2 minutes. Serve with cooked udon noodles.