- 6oz wild rice
- 4 5oz boneless chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup ham or bacon, diced
- 1 onion
- 1 carrot
- 8oz mushrooms
- 3 cloves garlic
- 2tb white wine
- 3tb butter
- 1/3 cup flour
- 1 cup milk
- 2-1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1/2tb mustard powder
- Simmer rice in 1 quart of water, covered, for 30 minutes. Drain.
- Meanwhile, brown chicken in a 12in skillet for 4 minutes per side. Set aside.
- Cook pork for 6 minutes. Add 4-6 for 10 minutes.
- Add garlic for 30 seconds. Add wine for 30 seconds. Add 9-10 and cook for 2 minutes. Whisk in 11-13.
- Mix in rice, top with chicken and bake uncovered at 375 degrees for 30 minutes.