- 1-1/4 cups cubed leftover bread
- 3tb butter
- 1 onion
- 4 sprigs thyme
- 2-1/4lb mushrooms, chopped
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 3 eggs
- 13tb cream
- 3oz grated hard cheese
- Toast bread at 350 degrees until slightly golden, about 5 minutes. Set aside.
- Heat 1tb butter and cook 3-4 for 5 minutes and toss with bread.
- Cook remaining butter and 5-6 for 10-15 minutes and add to bread.
- Reduce wine to 1/3 cup. Add to bread, let sit for 10 minutes and add to a 8in baking pan.
- Whisk remaining ingredients, pour over bread mixture and bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes.