Makes 1 9in pie
- 4tb rolled oats
- 9tb sugar
- 1-1/4 cup flour
- 1/2tb salt
- 12tb butter
- 3tb ice water
- 1 yolk
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup grade B maple syrup
- 1-1/2 cup raw pecans, chopped
- Process oats with 1tb sugar. Mix with flour and 1/2tsp salt. Add 8tb butter and break down into pea-sized pieces. Mix in 6-7. Form a disk, wrap in plastic and chill for 1 hour.
- Roll out disk to a 11in circle. Place in a 9in pie tin and trim. Chill for 20 minutes.
- Cover crust with foil, weight down and bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes, rotating halfway through. Remove foil/weights and continue baking for 6 minutes.
- In a double boiler, combine remaining sugar, salt and butter. Combine 8-9 and temper. Mix in pecans, pour mixture into crust and bake for 35 minutes, rotating halfway through