- 3-1/3oz flour
- 3/4oz cornmeal
- 1-1/2tb sugar
- 1-1/2oz aged gouda or cheddar, shredded and chilled
- 7tb butter
- 1-2tb ice water
- 5 medium Granny Smith apples, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup caramel
- Pinch of salt
- 1 egg
- Pulse 1-3 in processor. Pulse in cheese. Add butter and pulse until pea-sized. Add ice water, form disk, wrap in plastic and chill for 15 minutes.
- Roll out a 13in circle. Layer apples, leaving a 2in border around the edges. Drizzle caramel over apples and fold over edges in 5-6 pleats. Refrigerate for 15 minutes.
- Sprinkle salt over tart, brush egg over edges and bake at 325 degrees for 45-55 minutes.