- 4tb butter
- 2 shallots
- 1oz dried porchini, soaked and diced
- 20oz button mushroom, diced
- 4lb chicken, spatchcocked
- 2 cups stock
- 1 cup white wine
- 6 thyme sprigs
- 1/2 cup creme fraiche
- Cook 3tb butter and 1 shallot for 2 minutes. Add 3-4 and cook for 15-20 minutes. Set aside 1/2 cup.
- Stuff remaining mixture under chicken skin, add to skillet with 6-7, 4 thyme sprigs and remaining 1tb butter and roast at 425 degrees for 45 minutes.
- Set chicken aside. De-fat braising liquid and mix with reserved mushroom mixture, remaining thyme and creme fraiche. Serve.