- 1/2oz dried shiitakes
- 1 cup boiling water
- 6 scallions, whites and greens separated
- 3 cloves garlic, smashed
- 1tb sesame oil
- 1tb soy sauce
- 1lb kimchi, liquid reserved and leaves chopped
- 4tsp gochujang
- 1lb baby back ribs, separated
- 12oz firm tofu, cut into 3/4in cubes
- 2tsp sugar
- Soak 1-2 for 30 minutes. Reserve liquid, discard stems and slice caps.
- Cook scallion whites and 4-6 for 3-4 minutes. Add shiitakes, half of kimchi and gochujang and cook for 1 minute. Add 5 cups water, mushroom liquid, kimchi liquid and ribs and bring to a boil. Partially cover and simmer for 50 minutes.
- Shred ribs and add meat back to pot along with remaining ingredients. Simmer for 5 minutes and serve.