- 1 lemon, zested and halved
- 1/3 cup oil
- 8 cloves garlic
- 1/4tsp red pepper flake
- 1tb rosemary
- 2oz pancetta
- 2.5lb pork loin, butterflied
- Heat lemon zest and 2-4 on medium-low in a 10in skillet for 3 minutes. Add rosemary for 30 seconds and remove from heat. Strain mixture, reserving both solids and oil.
- Puree pancetta in food processor, puree solids, and spread mixture on side of loin with no fat. Roll and tie loin, transfer to a rack and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Transfer straight to a 275 degree oven for 1.5-2 hours, or until internal temperature is 135. Rest for 20 minutes. Meanwhile, brown cut sides of lemon halves down in 1tsp of reserved oil for 3-4 minutes and reserve juice.
- Heat 2tb oil and brown fat side of loin, along with adjacent sides. Serve with 2tb reserved oil and lemon juice.