- 1tb butter
- 1tb oil
- 4lb chicken cut into 8 pieces
- 1lb leeks
- 1tb thyme
- 1 cup hard cider
- 1/2 cup creme fraiche
- Brown 1-3 in two batches and set aside.
- Brown leeks for 3 minutes. Add 5-6 and bring to simmer. Add chicken skin-side down. Cover and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Uncover, flip chicken and continue cooking for 5 minutes. Remove chicken breasts and continue cooking for 10 minutes.
- Remove remaining chicken and leeks. Reduce liquid until halved, about 10 minutes. Add creme fraiche and serve over chicken and leeks.