- 8 unpeeled cloves of garlic
- 4lb top sirloin roast with fat cap, about 1/4in thick
- 3 cloves minced garlic
- 1tsp dried thyme
- 1tsp salt
- 1/2 cup oil
- 12 halved cloves of garlic
- 2 sprigs of thyme
- 2 bay leaves
- 1.5 cup beef broth
- 1.5 cup chicken broth
- Toast unpeeled garlic until spotty and brown. Slice, cut slits into roast and stuff with garlic. Crush 3-4 and 1/2tsp salt into paste, rub roast and refrigerate uncovered 4-24 hours.
- Simmer 6-9 and remaining 1/2tsp salt on low heat for 30 minutes. Discard herbs and set aside oil and garlic. Mash 1tb oil with the garlic.
- Scrape rub off the roast and rub with 2tb of the oil. Reserve remaining oil for another use. Place fat-side down into a preheated roasting pan in a 450 degree oven. Turn occasionally until brown on all sides, about 10-15 minutes.
- Set fat-side up, rub top with mashed garlic and cook for 50-70 minutes at 300 degrees, or until roast reaches 120 degrees.
- Rest roast under foil. Skim fat off pan, add 10-11 and boil until reduced by half, about 5 minutes. Serve with roast.