- 8tb butter
- 6 shallots
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/2tsp nutmeg
- 2lb white mushrooms 1/4in in diameter
- 3.5 cups chicken stock
- 1 quart hot water
- 1/2oz dried porchini mushrooms
- 1/3 cup madeira port
- 1 cup cream
- 2tsp lemon juice
- 8oz thinly sliced mixed mushrooms
- Cook shallots in 6tb butter on low for 4 minutes. Add 3-4 for 1 minute.
- Cook mushrooms on medium heat for 7 minutes. Cover and reduce to low for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add 6-8 and simmer covered for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook 12 in remaining 2tb butter covered for 9 minutes, stirring occasionally. Uncover for 2 minutes. Set aside.
- Puree soup and add 9-10. Simmer for 2 minutes. Add 11 and salt and pepper to taste. Garnish with reserved mushrooms.